Its a new year and I did some reflecting on last year.
I learned from some of my mistakes but most of all I am moving forward to my goals and resolutions. I used to hate using the term "resolutions" during the turn of a new year, because it has been thrown around so much that it seemed to have lost its effectiveness. But for me there are goals I have as well as things I would like to resolve.
I won't get into many of my personal goals and resolutions but I will share some that pertain to me as an artist and a blogger.
(In no specific order)
1. Last year I wrote a piece called "HOMOGENIZED MILK : WHY ?" The story had nothing to do with milk but the cultural homogenization that we have grown so accustomed to in our society. My goal is to represent more diversity in ethnicity and race; to represent a wider range of body types as well as a wider range in ages.
2. I get a large amount of traffic to my blog. I get hundreds a day. But for quite some time my amount of followers stayed at 59. My goal is by the end of the year to have 100 people following / subscribed to my blog. This is something that I have no control over. It is up to the viewers to decide to subscribe to my blog....SOOO! Just go to the right of my posts, under the the title "Casting Crew" are a bunch of images of people currently following me. Under all those pictures is a button that says "Follow" click on that button. And you are now following my blog. That simple! let's turn 59 into 60 and 60 into 100.
2a. Shameless self promotion! If there is something I want from my viewers I'm going to ask. Staring now! SUBSCRIBE TO THE MALE CASTING COUCH ! :-)
3. I also would like to have more dialogue. For many of us bloggers, we look forward to hearing comments. It lets us know that there are people out there that really get what we are doing. I would like to see more interaction with my fan base.
4. I want to comment more on others' blogs. Last year I slacked on doing so due to my schedule. This year I want to get back to having great dialog with my blog buddies, as well as feature new blogs.
I remember when I first started, it was difficult getting noticed. It was with the help of my blog friends that I have a blog that's not doing too bad. So If I could help others I would love to do that.
5. I have one goal that I'm working on. its still up in the air but once I get it going, I'll let you in on it. but for now, continue to enjoy my work.
Here's to great shots!