IMAGE OF THE DAY

IMAGE OF THE DAY

YESTERDAY

YESTERDAY

Saturday, March 5, 2016

LOSING FOLLOWERS OR GOOGLE JUST BEING GOOGLE AGAIN ?

I began this draft close to the end of January this year.



MOOD :
A little confused.        


A few weeks ago I lost like 5 members. I thought that it might be because I changed the format of my blog.  Sometimes if the "followers" widget is rearranged, a few followers may be dropped from visibility.

 In the past all I had to do is return the widget back to its original location and the missing followers will appear.  This time I changed it back but still no followers.

To make things worse, this morning I noticed that I now have 43 followers instead of 44.

 I know sometimes people move on and have a change in interests.  But I would hate to think that people are dissatisfied with my blog or just plain tired and bored with it.

Either way, I'm not going too worry about it.  If blogging was my career then I would be a little nervous.  As it is something I do as an expression, I'm going to enjoy those who are here.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible answer to my question:



2 months ago by A Googler
In 2011, the retirement of Google Friend Connect for all non-Blogger sites. We made an exception for Blogger to give readers an easy way to follow blogs using a variety of accounts. Yet over time, we’ve seen that most people sign into Friend Connect with a Google Account. So, in an effort to streamline, in the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes that will eventually require readers to have a Google Account to sign into Friend Connect and follow blogs.


As part of this plan, starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.


We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.

We know how important followers are to all bloggers, but we believe this change will improve the experience for both you and your readers.
Now I'm not going to bitch and complain about the constant changes that lessens the joys of not truly owning my blog.  But DAMN!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fast foward
Today March 2016
I'm now at 47 members thanks to two new followers. I wish I knew your names but Thank you and welcome. And I want to send a special welcome  and thanks to my sexy Italian friend tonyitalian1951 .  Hope you enjoy sir.


11 comments:

  1. Yes, this is the,reason. I lost maybe one. But I know some bloggers who lost over 40-50 followers. Count yourself lucky. And your new format and work....are just fine. Wished you lived closer so I could have some pictures done. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently posted the same question on Barefoot Men because I also noticed that I had dropped a lot of followers over the past couple of months. I was concerned that I was doing something that was not interesting and guys were dropping away. I felt better when I learned that others had experienced the same thing. I don't have a formal explanation, but I can share that others are experiencing the same thing.

    Keep doing what you do. If you keep posting hot pics like that header pic you have on today, you will be swamped with followers. That is a hot image!

    Have a great weekend and keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, I am enjoying it a lot. Thanks for publicly thanking me. Like you said very wisely. Followers come and go. Sometimes they change their mind more than they wash their culetto and change their underwears. Need any translation ? Culetto= cute little butt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Tony No translation is needed. Ass is word I know in pretty much every language. LOL BTW I appreciate you and all the others that visit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. here the post of Gabriel
    http://barefootmen.blogspot.com/2016/02/blogger-question.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Google report is true. Over a one-week period, I lost close to 200 followers. I've since only gained three. It is Google trying to get people to sign up for accounts. Stupid, but one cannot cure that. Ignorance, yes. Stupid, no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here's the thing: I'm not going to create a Google account specifically to follow blogs and I'm damn sure not going to use my main Google account to follow them either. Google knows way too much already.

      Mark, you sort of dropped off the grid for a little bit so that may have cost you some followers too. Just post more and it'll come back (I think)

      Delete
  7. Yeah I'm sure there are many people with your idea about google. When I first started checking out blogs I didn't want to create an account for the same reason. When I decided to create my own blog, my attitude change. I am glad that I decided to create The Male Casting Couch. But I get your point totally.

    Also I did kind of drop off the grid for awhile. Actually I walked away from it for a minute. As much as I know you must keep the lust beast fed to keep those numbers growing, I also know that there are celebrities and there are artists. A celebrity is about how popular they are and an artist is about expression. My goal is to fall into the latter.

    I said once, "If I don't have anything to say,I won't say it." I think that philosophy has worked great for me. Although I haven't been as prolific as I have in the past, I believe taking the time to get the right models,concepts and creative writing processes will allow for quality material. I do appreciate you sharing your thoughts. Its conversation like this That helps me think of various topics to post.

    Again I appreciate your input.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll always be my favorite Nephew
    ❤❤❤❤❤ UB 💋

    ReplyDelete
  9. It happens, buddy. As long as your interaction is this nice... All is well. :)

    - Fit Studs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I enjoy great conversation and sharing opinion. I love interacting with fellow friends and bloggers !

Read This!

READ THIS !
This blog contains material of an adult nature. If you are under the legal age (18 or 21 depending on where you are) do not visit this blog. If you are offended by nudity, acts of homosexuality, and explicit language DO NOT go any further and leave this site.

All images, writings and posts were created and are the property of Mark Greene. Do not re-post or use without written consent by the author/photographer.

CONTACT:

For permission of usage, ask questions, network, get to know me, get at me here themalecastingcouch@gmail.com