Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Very Sad Evening

It was a very sad evening for me .  I'm not sure what I am most sad about :  Whether Justice has been thwarted, a young man's life was taken by an officer or the reaction of those out rioting and destroying their own neighborhoods and businesses. What do we gain by destroying our homes, businesses, and families ? Who wins? What messages are being sent to the world by such actions ?

 Another incident of a cop shooting a young teenager. I'm not even going to add Black to the scenario because race at this point is irrelevant of the fact that a teen is dead. Our Youth !

I wasn't there. I have no idea what went down. There are allegations that the teen charged the officer. If so, would things have turned out different?? Which leads me to another anger:

At what point is it ever o.k. to get physical with authority? I have heard how youth talk to their parents and other adults and there have been times when the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I would cringe listening to the disrespect and rage coming out of such little bodies. I'm not saying he did something wrong because again, I was not there. I am only speaking of what I have witnessed in many young adults and pre-adults. We need to teach our children to respect those in authority......scratch that. We need to teach them to respect period ! It is important for them to understand how to communicate properly and not always through rage .

Second our judicial system is BROKEN ! There is a code of ethic that an officer is sworn to live by. Even if an office swears by these ethics, there must be more accountability. Just because an officer is an officer, doesn't make him or her morally superior to every one else. Nor should they be above the law. They lie like everyone else. We need to demand more accountability from our officers.

We need to boycott, write our congress, complain, bitch, sue, vote and hold our authorities accountable. But burning down our homes??

I had two different post I was going to submit this week and next.  However I have decided to devote the rest of this month and next in silence for all the families that have suffered directly or indirectly in situations like this .  I devote this month and next month to a non violent solution.
And may a change come for the better.

Mark G.

4 comments:

  1. Good morning. Your comments about respect are right on. Young adults, and children have to learn that there is someone in charge. You don't have to like them but they are in charge. This does not lesson the awfulness of the current situation by any means. But as you say something is broken. Thanks again for your well stated facts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100%. Rioting does not solve any of the issues. This neighborhood is represented by those who legislate against them. Only 12% of the population voted in the 2012 elections. They need to take this anger to the ballot box.

    There is much about our society that is broken, but kids getting shot is egregious. That law enforcement appears to always be vindicated points to a serious problem. Here, we had a 38-year old veteran get gunned down because he had a gun stuffed down the back of his pants. The vet had a permit, but the store security guard didn't bother to inquire - Instead, he called the cops who opened fire on the veteran the minute he stepped out of the store. 12 shots were fired...and it was ruled justified. How could that be?

    We've got a lot of fixing to do in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving filled with friends, family, laughter and love. Thank you for your participation on my blog - your comments are always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eloquent and thought provoking piece, Mark. Points on respect and broken justice system are well taken...and you are surely right in what we should expect from ourselves in appropriate type of action to be taken.

    Very appropriate thoughts to consider as we prepare for Thanksgiving. Thanks for putting it down so well. And as you conclude, "may change come for the better." Best for the holiday, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I enjoy great conversation and sharing opinion. I love interacting with fellow friends and bloggers !

Read This!

READ THIS !
This blog contains material of an adult nature. If you are under the legal age (18 or 21 depending on where you are) do not visit this blog. If you are offended by nudity, acts of homosexuality, and explicit language DO NOT go any further and leave this site.

All images, writings and posts were created and are the property of Mark Greene. Do not re-post or use without written consent by the author/photographer.

CONTACT:

For permission of usage, ask questions, network, get to know me, get at me here themalecastingcouch@gmail.com